Udon is a type of thick noodle from Japan and is often served as a hot noodle soup. It’s also quite popular to stir fry udon with vegetables and bite-size pieces of meat, like chicken, pork or beef. This is a great one-pan dish to cook when you’re short on time and want a delicious and filling meal with minimal fuss.
We live dangerously close to Victoria St, and by dangerously i mean, how could we not eat there every second night?! And when we go MIA from the blog for a few weeks that exactly what’s happening! But i realised after I made the dumplings and they were cheaper than getting them in Box hill, that maybe, i could make viet chicky salad that was just as good and maybe even as cheap, and it turns out that yes i could! And you can too, which is especially good for those of you who don’t live close to Victoria St!
Summer might be over but there is still time to enjoy a few of it’s treasures. This is a super simple but delicious beverage. Juicy watermelon and cucumber combined with lime make for a refreshing drink perfect to sip on the last warm days ahead. If you don’t like the taste of cucumber you…
- 1 Bag/454g/1 lb Peeled Frozen Shrimps/Prawns, thawed, pat-dry, and finely chopped
- ¼ of a Small Red Onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Peanut Oil
- 8 Small Burger Buns, toasted
- Cucumber Slices
- Chili Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix the shrimp with red onion, cilantro, garlic, scallion, jalapeno, chili flakes sea salt, pepper, and egg. Divide into 8 equal patties and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Prepare a large cast iron or non-stick pan with one Tbsp of oil over medium to high heat. Grill the shrimp patties for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Meanwhile, toast the buns lightly and set side. To serve, place the shrimp patty on the bun, top with chili sauce, and some cucumber slices. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 Small Shrimp Burgers
I was never one to urge people to try out food or recipes, because I know first hand that it can be very annoying. But that’s about to change right now. You absolutely have to try this dish at least once in your life, be it homemade or in your nearest Korean restaurant. I was skeptical at…
I don’t know why, but I think poached eggs are the most romantic looking eggs, though I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that its arguably the hardest method to cook eggs. Really, I think if you slap poached eggs on anything it instantly looks like you’ve been slaving away…